Monday, June 7, 2010

Struck by Lightening

Sharon became restless through the night. She pondered with interrupted sleep, about what her next writing would be. Her dad, being a writer, often mentioned writers block. This negative thought kept on coming to her. “This could not be, I couldn’t have writers block” she would repeat over and over again as she tossed about in her bed.

Thunder and lightening woke her up at the crack of dawn. Through sleepy eyes she made her breakfast. Not saying a word, she dressed herself for school.

Adding to Sharon’s stress, her dad having an early appointment was not able to take Sharon to school.
Still down in the dumps, it seemed to Sharon that it took forever to get to the bus stop. While waiting for the bus, a word was not spoken. Her silence was kept while the bus engine noise changed, as it went up and down the hills.

Tony was absent in his thought. “She would probably knock my block off if I say something.” He would think, as he looked over to her occasionally.

Sharon’s spiritedness had gone; the morning went slowly and quietly. A glum look on her face was a disturbance to the class. As the morning progressed; Sharon seemed to be almost in tears.

With relief, the lunch bell rang. Sharon was so upset that she did not want to speak to Tony. Tony knew that Mr. Teasdale was going to be on lunch duty.

Tony went over to him quickly. “Sir, Sir, may I speak with you?” Tony enquired.
“Yes, what can I do for you?” asked Mr. Teasedale
“Sir, Sharon looks sadder than what I was before I became a Christian.”
Together, they walked over to the corner of the auditorium where Sharon was sitting.
“What is the problem Sharon? is it because of the stormy weather?” asked, Mr. Teasdale as they were getting closer.
“No,” she said, looking at the ground.

Mr. Teasdale looked at her again with concern. While bending to her level, he continued. “There has got to be something wrong. Where is the bright sparkling Girl?”

Her mouth drooped, “Sir, I think I have lost my ability to write. I just cannot seem to find something to write anymore; my Dad calls it writers block.”

Mr. Teasdale smiled at her “Did you know we are looking for someone to do our School flyer?”
Sharon looked up at him. “Sir, could I do it?”

Looking at him with seriousness, “I mean what if I get writers block?”
While standing, Mr. Teasdale continued. “Sharon, you have all your friends to help you. They will be able to inspire you.”

Tony broke his silence, “Hey Yeah, and if we pray, God will help us to know what to write.”
Sharon looked at Tony with a cheeky smile. “Who said you could help?”
From that moment, Sharon’ personality started to shine.
Mr. Teasdale left to continue his playground duties.
Sharon got up and turned her head towards Tony, “Tony, you said something that struck me like lightening.”
“What is that?” Tony asked with interest.
“You see Tony; I think I forgot the most important thing about writing.”
“So what did I say to strike you like lightening?”
“I forgot to pray. I did not ask God to give me the inspiration I need to write.”
“May be we can pray now.” Tony suggested with confidence.
“Right now, In the middle of the playground?” Sharon asked, waving her hand in front of her.

With much frustration, Tony felt that he needed to say something to Sharon about the way he had been treated during the day.
“Sharon, I have been trying to talk to you all day. You have had writers block. I have not been able to talk to you. If you do not pray, I am going to knock your block off.”
Tony, being a young Christian, began to apologize. “You are right Tony, no need to apologize.”
Standing in the playground they both went to silent prayer to ask God’s blessing on the new school flyer.
After speaking with God, they both went to their friends around the playground to get some ideas for the new school flyer. As they did, God gave them the inspiration they needed.

At that point the only block that was removed was the writers block.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

skype

Add me to Skype