Saturday, November 7, 2009

Talents and Challenges

My Children go to a Christian School. the school motto is "My best for God's glory". Things we do in life sometimes can look like a challenge to others.  It is realised that we all have special talents in our own areas. I like challenges in the area of creating graphics and writing. Sometimes we can take challenges personally and be upset by them. i.e who does he or she think they are! I'll show them!

Is this the same way we act towards the Almighty God? i.e, I can't do that! who does He think I am, I do not have that talent!

Remember Moses in the wilderness when God came to him. Moses said I can't do that! I cannot go to Pharoh! I cannot talk like that! Remember Aaron was to be his spokes person. But do you remember who spoke to Pharoe? It was Moses with God working through Him.
Are we easily upset by either challenges from others or God Himself? Lets check ourselves when we receive a challenge next time. Do we want "My best for Gods glory" Or My best for me?
This is a challenge Amen.

My Challenge today is: Let us consider challenges from others. The Challenge may be God directed.

Philip Barrington

No comments:

Total Pageviews

skype

Add me to Skype